Now that we are able to find flour again, Minha Namorada made an old favourite of hers from Brazil this weekend. These are simple fried dough wraps, which can be filled with whatever you prefer. They work as your main entree, side, and dessert – we had chicken, cheese, and chocolate for ours.
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 500 g of wheat flour
- 200 ml of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of (Canola) oil
- additional Canola Oil (amount depends on size of fry pan)
- Filling of your choice (precooked if adding meat)
1. Put the flour in a bowl and add the tablespoon of oil, salt and vinegar.
2. Mix well and gradually add the water and knead the dough.
3. Knead the dough until it is very smooth and even throughout. If necessary, add a little more water to help.
4. Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough cut it into squares.
6. Fill with the filling of your choice (I heavily recommend chicken, beef, cheese, or chocolate), close with a fork and fry in hot oil (again, the amount of oil depends on your pan) until golden brown. Note: Make sure any meat is precooked, as this will not cook it sufficiently on its own.